Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 15 as a Daddy

Hey Buddy,

I got a good sample this past week of how dads have to be daddy at home and still go to work everyday. Mommy has not gone back to work yet, but soon she will and then we will both be thinking about you all day. Next week I will be back to my normal routine. Back to work and school. Last night I realized how difficult that may be. Not just for you and me, but for mommy too. That will leave a lot of responsibility on her. After an episode yesterday, we took you to your doctor. He agreed that your breathing was not sounding good. In fact he said you were in respritory distress. Basically, you are showing sings of asthma and we think it is onset by a slight cold you had. Everything is ok now, but no one slept more than a few hours last night. We now have something new to add to your routine as well... A nebulizer! The mask portion looks like a fish, but you were not fooled. I think you thought that silly fish mask that sounded like a motor scooter was going to vaporize you. Really, its to open up your airway so its not so hard for you to breath. My guess is this is not the first episode you have had. I'm pretty sure when it happened in Taiwan they took just as good of care of you there.

My mind constantly wanders back to caring for orphans. How many other orphans are in need of the same type of care as you. What about those that need more extensive care? That is really a God size challenge. It is encouraging to hear of people like Phoebe and Peter Sozi. They will be speaking at an event this coming week. Mother to 900 is next Wednesday at 10:30am. I will be at work, but you can read more about the Sozi's story here.

I promise not to wait too long before I post again.

I love you son,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment